Friday, January 30, 2009

God has a sense of humor, and thankfully, so do I....








Hi, Everyone,

Have you ever had one of those days?? Well, today was my "one of those days"...

I had a friend stop by today. I did not know she was coming, but I am sure glad that she did...
Today was one of those rare days when Gus was in scream-a-palooza mode, bless his heart. He screamed for a total of almost four hours today (the day isn't over yet as I write this, so there could be more). When he is like that, he needs lots of attention (of course, who wouldn't?). So, Kate and Claire just have to kind of sit back and be in awe at the volume (literally) of the situation and wait patiently for their turn for attention.

On Gus' scream-a-palooza days, I basically get to brush my teeth, and that is about it. Of course, I did not get to shower today (attractive, I know). So, I met my sweet friend at the door while wearing a humongous t-shirt, the oldest pajama bottoms in my closet, Oscar the Grouch green fuzzy socks and my hair slicked back by bobby pins (at least my breath was minty fresh). I am sure that she was in shock at my appearance, but thankfully she gave me a sympathetic grin...AND a humongous pan of spaghetti, salad and bread for our dinner tonight. Initially, I wanted to crawl under a rock when I saw my friend's pretty face peeping through my front door. But, I am glad that I swallowed my pride and opened that door! God is so good and His timing is perfect...He knew that I needed to see a friendly face today...He knew that Chad and I needed and would appreciate a good meal.

God also has a sense of humor. After my friend left, I ran to the restroom and then washed my hands. As I glanced at my reflection in the mirror to reinforce how awful I look today, I saw two large chunks of spit-up dangling from my hair! Oh, my goodness! I just had to throw back my head and laugh! I hope that my friend will not have nightmares tonight...I was SUCH a sight!

I hope that the only thing in your hair today is a little gel or mousse... :o)

Tomorrow is a new day...

Love you all,

Leslie








P.S. I looked like who-knows-what today, but aren't my babies adorable? :o)

No comments: