Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baby update...




Hi, Everyone,


We took the babies to the doctor this week. Gus weighs 18.14 pounds. Kate weighs 14.12 pounds and Claire weighs 15.2 pounds. They turned 7 months old on the 9th of this month.


All of the babies received their RSV vaccine for the month of February. Their last one will be given in March. RSV season is almost over, which means that Chad and I are making plans to take Gus, Kate and Claire for their first social outing on Easter Sunday. We will be going to Mt. Enterprise to Chad's parents' church (all of our Texas family go to the very same church, so, we will get to see everyone in one big swoop)! Well, I say that we are doing this...these are "Good Lord willing" plans.


I have said that I am looking forward to Spring so that I do not have to be quite so picky about visitors and outings. Others have said, "Won't it be great to be able to get the babies out?" Well, it occurred to me...OUT WHERE?? Where in the world am I going to go with three infants under the age of one year -- alone? LOL!! :o) I will still have to have a "buddy", or I will just have to plan outings for when Chad is home on the weekends and we can brave learning how to go out in public together. This is all new to us! I have mentioned that on doctor's appointment days, Chad's parents (MeMe and Poppa Bear) come to help me get the babies to and from the doctor's office (having one person per baby is AWESOME). They have seen how long it takes to diaper, dress and feed the babies and then, strap the unwilling participant into the car seat and then pop the car seat into the Expedition. But, I am sure that making all of this go more smoothly will come with time and more experience. I will figure out what works and what doesn't work. Or, if I am just being lazy and don't want to figure it out for myself, I can pick-up the phone and call one of the wonderful ladies in my Mothers of Multiples group. They have already "been there" and "done that", so, I don't have to think for myself...I just call them and they tell me what worked for them. They are VERY patient people! :o)

Gus is doing much better on his formula. We had yet another formula switch. He is tolerating this much, much better. The previous formula was just tearing-up his little tummy. He is back to his laid back, jolly little self, and I am so glad. It was awful to see him scream and cry and to not be able to help him in any way.

Kate and Claire are healthy and have not had any formula difficulties. We are working with them on taking rice cereal and applesauce. Some days they are interested and some days they are not. Chad's mom described Kate's anti-rice cereal/anti-applesauce face the best when she said, "It looks like I just gave her a sour pickle instead of applesauce." This is true. Kate makes a sour pickle face after we feed her the applesauce. I tasted the applesauce and it is not sour at all. But, then again, I am not a baby trying these things for the first time, so there is no telling what it tastes like to her.

When Claire is uninterested in eating rice cereal and applesauce, she looks at us and then clamps her jaws and lips shut. No way are we getting even one spoonful of that stuff past her tiny lips! Also, her hair is growing at the speed of light...she has enough hair now for all three babies. :o)

We have three very healthy, very happy, very funny, very precious babies and we are so thankful!

Enjoy the day.

Love,

Leslie

No comments: